I've been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award! I feel absolutely amazing right now. Thanks so much to Heather from Beyond the Aisle for the nomination.
The Liebster Award is a unique award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers
who have less than 200 followers. The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award
is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread
the word about new blogs. The award was created to promote
appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates
to "dearest" (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
11 Random things about me
1. I'm a 2 time gestational surrogate. I gave birth to a little girl named Coco in February 2010, and her little sister Kiki in May of 2012. A gestational surrogate is a woman who carries a baby or babies for another couple, because they are unable to become pregnant on their own. The couple's embryo is transferred into the uterus, where it makes a happy home for 9 months. I have no biological relation to either of my surrodaughters.
2. While pregnant with Kiki, I was on Bravo's Pregnant in Heels, a reality TV show about maternity concierge Rosie Pope & how she comes to the aid of expectant moms & dads to be.
3. I love going to Disneyland!
4. I have a child with high functioning autism.
5. I have a bachelors degree in Recreation Administration with a minor in business administration from Humboldt State University.
6. I was the only graduate in the Recreation Administration department, who graduated with honors, the year I graduated. As a result, I was awarded the only academic achievement award for my department, at my graduation ceremony.
7. I met my husband Jeremiah when I was 16 years old. We dated exclusively, until I married him in 2003 at the age of 23. I'm now 33 and still happily married!
8. I've traveled to Mexico, England, Italy & Greece.
9. I named my blog, My Sesame Seed Buns after a punchline from a joke I heard on the Rosie O' Donnel show many years ago. Rosie had a little girl on the show who told her the following joke. How can you find Ronald McDonald on a nude beach? He's the one with the sesame seed buns! For whatever reason, this joke has stuck with me over the years, and was the inspiration for my blog title.
10. I have an allergy to cold weather. Weird, I know. If I go into cold water, have cold wind blowing on me, or if I'm exposed to cold temperatures and not properly dressed, I break out in welts.
11. I am not a pet person.
Heather's questions for me
1. Do you play any musical instruments? If not, what do you wish you could play?
I don't play any musical instruments. The closest I've gotten, is playing saxophone in my junior high school band. But, I wasn't very good, and no desire to practice to become better! If I could play any instrument, I would choose the Spanish guitar.
2. What is your favorite holiday to celebrate?
This is a tough one, but I would have to say Easter. I love dying Easter eggs, Easter egg hunts, and making Easter baskets for my kiddos.
3. What was the best gift you received this year?
I would have to say giving birth to my surrodaughter Kiki was the greatest gift I received. Seeing the faces of my intended fathers, after they saw their daughter for the first time was priceless.
4. What is the last book you read and loved?
I have to admit, I'm not much of a book reader. Other than cookbooks, that is! I read content on the internet for hours, obviously!
5. What would be your ultimate travel destination?
Definitely somewhere tropical, like Tahiti or Hawaii.
6. What forms of social media are you active on?
I'm active on Facebook & Pinterest. I can't for the life of me, figure out Twitter, but it's on my to-do list.
7. What DIY or craft project are you most proud of this year?
My son attends a local Boys & Girls Club after school program, and I've made several wall & door murals to decorate their space, including a huge alphabet display using my 4 year daughters hand prints.
8. What are your top three can't-miss TV shows?
American Idol, Glee & The Young and the Restless.
9. Any celebrity crushes?
Tom Welling, the actor who plays Clark Kent/Superman on Smallville.
10. If you could go on any game show, which one would you choose?
The Price is Right. I'm an extreme couponer of sorts, so I know the price of everyday items pretty well.
11. Why do you blog?
I blog because I want to share my ideas with the world, connect with all the other amazing bloggers out there, and to keep a record of what is happening in my family's life.
Here are my questions for those I nominate
1. Do you grow any of your own food, such as a garden or fruit trees? If so, what?
2. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
3. Do you collect anything, or own anything rare or special?
4. What is your favorite cookbook?
5. If you are married, what would be your number one tip for a happy marriage?
6. What are your top 3 favorite movies?
7. If you could have dinner with any non-living historical or pop culture icon, who would it be?
8. If you had one million dollars to give to any charity, who would you give it to?
9. What is your number one pet peeve?
10. Is your family complete, or do you plan on having more children?
11. Why do you love blogging?
Here are the 11 blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award
1.It's Yummy to my Tummy
2.Kandy's Kitchen Kreations
3.Life of a Foodie and Her Family
4.Food is Love
5.Skinny Sweets Daily
6.Whatcha Makin' Now?
8.Cake Balls, Cookies, and More.
9 She Cooks, She Crafts, She Runs
10.Good Morning Sweetums
11.Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Tuesday Talent Show #89
2 hours ago